Cancer Education Center
The Cancer Education Center at Swedish is a unique resource that provides patient education to the public free of charge.
The center offers a wide variety of brochures, books, videos and audiotapes about cancer, and an expansive computer database that can be used to search for and print information about specific types of cancer. The center is staffed with health educators and offers a safe environment for patients and their caregivers to learn about their specific cancer and available support resources.
- Complimentary educational brochures
- Computer and internet access
- Loan library books for rent
- iPad’s for rent
- Assistance with registering for patient education classes
- Anatomical models for practicing self-exams
- Retail items designed to support the needs of cancer patients, such as hats, scarves, sleepwear, skin-care products and more
Visitors can search the database or have a staff member conduct a free search. Staff will also compile a customized packet upon request that can be picked up or sent by mail.
Medical Oncology and Treatment Center, 2 East
5300 Tallman Ave. N.W., Seattle, WA 98107
Medical Oncology Building, 2nd Floor, Suite 217
21632 Highway 99, Edmonds, WA 98026
Swedish First Hill
Arnold Building, A-Floor West and Suite 500
1221 Madison Street, Seattle, WA 98104
Medical Office Building, 1st Floor, Suite 1090
751 N.E. Blakely Dr., Issaquah, WA 98029
To learn more about resources and services available through the Cancer Education Center network, please call 206-386-3200.
Network of Locations
Listen and Learn
Stories of Hope