New Patient Information
Scheduling an Appointment
For an appointment or more information, find a phone number by locations or by services and call us. If you need a help to find a service, physician or location, please call 1-(855)-XCANCER (1-855-9226237) or (206) 215-3600.
Your First Visit
Traveling to Swedish Cancer Institute
Insurance & Financial Resources
Cancer can impose a heavy financial burden on patients and their families. Our goal is to help you understand the insurance and billing process at Swedish Cancer Institute.
International / Out of State Patients
Your First Visit: What to Bring With You
In preparation for your first visit with us, and to speed the registration process, please bring the following with you to your doctor appointment:
- Picture ID
- Insurance cards
- Referral from your primary care physician (if required by your insurance plan)
- Co-payment (if required by your insurance plan)
- Money for parking
- List of Medication and Dosages
The following completed forms:
- Conditions of Admission Form and Consent (PDF)
- Health History (PDF)
- Patient Registration (PDF)
- Patient Navigator Authorization for Disclosure (PDF)
- Distress Thermometor (PDF)
If requested, please bring:
- X-ray (actual films or CD) and X-ray reports (i.e. MRI, PET scan, CT, bone scan, diagnostic reports
- Pathology report and slides
- Medical records
You are welcome to bring a family member or friend with you to your appointment. If you have any questions about it, we invite you to contact your physician's office directly.
At the Swedish Cancer Institute, the patient is always the focus. Even if you have asked dozens of questions, feel free to ask them all again to be included in making important decisions about your care.
Questions you may want to ask:
- Talking with Your Doctor (American Cancer Society)
Support & Resources
Cancer Resource Navigator is Here to Help
If at any time you would like a tour of the Swedish Cancer Institute or an opportunity to learn about education and support services, please contact the American Cancer Society cancer resource navigator at 206-215-6557. The cancer resource navigator can help guide you through the Swedish Cancer Institute and other community resources. Navigator connects patients with information and resources
Counseling & Support
Facing a serious illness such as cancer can be very distressing — from the disease itself to the financial concerns patients and their families face. We are here to help patients and families maintain the emotional well-being to cope with the stresses of cancer diagnosis and treatment. Counseling and support
Cancer Education Center
The Cancer Education Center offers a wide variety of free brochures, books, videos and audiotapes about cancer. Visitors can search the database or have a staff member conduct a free search about specific types of cancer. Staff will also compile a customized packet upon request that can be picked up or sent in the mail.
- Smoking Cessation Resources for Patients and Visitors (PDF)
- Video about our approach to integrated care at the Swedish Cancer Institute
- Keep family and friends updated with a free, personalized Web site
Talk to Someone or Make an Appointment