Preparing For Your Bone Density Test
If not already scheduled by your provider, please call 206-215-5950. If you are calling from the East Side please call 425-313-2320.
- Please complete your Bone Density Test Questionnaire
- If you have had a barium or nuclear medicine test seven or fewer days before bone density scan, contact our office immediately.
- Do not take calcium or any vitamins the morning of the test.
- You may eat or take routine medications.
- Please avoid clothing containing zippers, snaps or underwires. You may need to change into a gown.
- Appointments are booked for a one-hour duration. The actual test takes 15 minutes or less, and is painless.
Meet the Medical Director
Christopher Shuhart, M.D., is a certified clinical densitometrist who specializes in bone health and osteoporosis disorders. Find out more about Dr. Shuhart here.