Jonah B. Hulst, M.D.Jonah B. Hulst, M.D.
Hip Replacement-Minimally Invasive, Hip Surgery/Joint Replacement, Joint Replacement/Reconstruction, Joint Revisions, Knee Arthritis/Joint Replcmnt, Trauma Surgery
- Accepting Children: Yes
- Accepting New Patients: Yes
- Accepting Medicare: Yes
- Accepting Medicaid/DSHS: Unknown
Contact this office for accepted insurance plans.
Dr. Hulst believes it is important to consider each person’s unique goals and expectations. He believes patients play a key role in the decision making process. Educating patients on both surgical and non-surgical treatment options is important for helping them make informed health care choices.Personal Interests
Dr. Hulst enjoys spending time with his wife, Jennifer, and young daughter. His interests include snowboarding, camping, and running.Medical School
University of California, San DiegoResidency
University of California, San DiegoFellowship(s)
Adult Joint Reconstruction, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois
1. Hulst JB, Minamoto VB, Lim MB, Bremner SN, Ward SR, Lieber RL. Systematic test of neurotoxin dose and volume on muscle function in a rat model. Muscle Nerve. 2013 Aug 8.
2. Rosenthal BD, Hulst JB, Moric M, Levine BR, Sporer SM. The Effect of Payer Type on Clinical Outcomes in Total Knee Arthroplasty. J Arthroplasty. 2013 Aug 5.
3. Sporer SM, Bottros JJ, Hulst JB, Kancherla VK, Moric M, Paprosky WG. Acetabular distraction: An alternative for severe defects with chronic pelvic discontinuity? Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2012 Nov; 470(11): 3156-63.
4. Thacker BE, Tomiya A, Hulst JB, Suzuki KP, Bremner SN, Gastwirt RF, Greaser ML, Lieber RL, Ward SR. Passive mechanical properties and related proteins change with botulinum neurotoxin A injection of normal skeletal muscle. J Orthop Res. 2011 Aug 18.
5. Hulst JB, Ball ST, Wu G, Le Duff MJ, Woon RP, Amstutz HC. Survivorship of Conserve® Plus monoblock metal-on-metal hip resurfacing sockets: radiographic midterm results of 580 patients. Orthop Clin North Am. 2011 Apr;42(2):153-9.
6. Allen RT, Kum JB, Weidner N, Hulst JB, Garfin SR. Biopsy of Osteoporotic Vertebral Compression Fractures during Kyphoplasty: Unsuspected Histologic Findings of Chronic Osteitis without Clinical Evidence of Osteomyelitis. Spine. 2009 Jun 15; 34(14): 1486-91.
7. Minamoto VB, Hulst JB, Lim M, Peace WJ, Bremner SN, Ward SR, Lieber RL. Increased efficacy and decreased systemic-effects of botulinum toxin A injection after active or passive muscle manipulation. Dev Med Child Neurol. 2007 Dec;49(12):907-14.
Abstracts and Presentations:
1. Paprosky WG, Hulst JB. Cementless TKA: Is it a good option for young patients? International Congress for Joint Reconstruction – Middle East. Dubai, March 2012.
2. Hulst JB, Wu G, Le Duff MJ, Ball ST, Amstutz HC. Survivorship of Monoblock Cobalt Chrome Alloy Acetabular Components: Five to Twelve Year Results. Advances in Arthroplasty: AAHKS 19th Annual Meeting, Dallas, November 2009.
3. Minamoto VB, Hulst JB, Lim MJ, Suzuki KP, Bremner SN, Ward SR, Lieber RL. Botulinum Toxin Affects Muscle Function One Year After a Single Injection. 55th Orthopaedic Research Society Meeting, Las Vegas, February 2009.
4. Hulst JB, Minamoto VB, Lim MJ, Ward SR, Lieber RL. Differential Effect of Dose and Volume on Muscle Structure and Function after Botulinum Toxin Injection. 54th Orthopaedic Research Society Meeting, San Francisco, March 2008.
5. Thacker BE, Tomiya A, Hulst JB, Bremner SN, Lieber RL, Ward SR. Decreased Elastic Modulus with Muscle Fiber Atrophy in Response to Botulinum Toxin Injection. 54th Orthopaedic Research Society Meeting, San Francisco, March 2008.
6. Hulst JB, Minamoto VB, Lim MJ, Ward SR, Lieber RL. Dose of Neurotoxin Injection Contributes the Majority Effect of Temporary Chemical Denervation. UCSD and NMCSD Departments of Orthopaedic Surgery Combined Resident Research Day, March 2007.
7. Hulst JB, Minamoto VB, Lim M, Peace WJ, Bremner SN, Ward SR, Lieber RL. Increased Efficacy and Decreased Systemic Effects of Botox® Injection after Active or Passive Muscle Manipulation. UCSD Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Grand Rounds, May 2007.
Proliance Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine - Issaquah Office
510 8th Ave NE
Issaquah, WA 98029
M-F 7:30am - 5:00pm
Proliance Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine - Bellevue Office
1231 116th Ave NE
Bellevue, WA 98004
M-F: 7:30am - 5:00pm