Preparing for Your Clinic Visit
If you're having surgery, schedule a preadmission appointment.
Also see Preparing for Your Surgery (translated documents)
Things to Know Before You Come for a Hospital Stay (PDF formats)
Download this document for general information.
- Things to Know - English
- Things to Know - Spanish
- Things to Know - Chinese
- Things to Know - Korean
- Things to Know - Somali
- Things to Know - Vietnamese
- Things to Know - Russian
Paperwork to bring to Patient Registration
To admit you, we need certain documents and information, such as:
- Completed Preregistration Form (if you have not already turned this in at a preadmission appointment)
- Social Security card
- Medicare card
- Military ID card
- Insurance card, including prescription card
- Insurance claim forms (completed and signed)
- Medicaid coupon, Healthy Options card, award letter or verification of application
- Physician referral/authorization forms
- Copay or deductible
- Copies of Advance Directives, if desired
- Complete list of personal medications (Personal Medication Record)
If you have any questions, please call the Swedish Pre-Admission Center at the appropriate campus:
Swedish/Ballard - 206-781-6245
Swedish/ Cherry Hill - 206-215-2357
Swedish/First Hill - 206-215-3200
Personal items to pack before coming to the hospital (overnight stays only)
- Comfortable clothes and shoes
- Book or magazine
- Hairbrush, comb, shampoo, toothbrush and toothpaste
- Personal items such as contact lenses, eyeglasses, hearing aids, dentures and prostheses
A note about medications
Your doctor will need a list of any medicines you normally take. Prescription drugs should not be brought to the hospital. We will provide all the medications you need during your stay.
All Swedish locations are smoke-free. This means smoking is not allowed on Swedish property, owned or leased, including parking garages and lots. While you are a Swedish patient, you will not be allowed to smoke during your stay in the hospital. Learn more about Smoking Cessation Resources for Patients & Visitors.
What to Expect During Your Hospital Stay
Prepare for your hospital stay with this interactive tutorial.
Now available to patients at most Swedish clinics
Welcome to Swedish hospital guide
Online Gift Shop
delivery to patients at First Hill campus. Shop now!
Order by phone, proceeds benefit patient care
First Hill: 206-386-2747
Cherry Hill: 206-320-3278
Personalized Patient websites
Keep family and friends updated with a free, personalized Web site from Caring Bridge.