New Insurance Exchange Information
Beginning Jan. 1, 2014, the Affordable Care Act will require everyone to have health insurance. The goal is to make coverage more accessible and affordable for those who do not currently have health insurance or have limited coverage.
In Washington state, Medicaid eligibility will expand to include more adults. The state is also setting up a Health Benefit Exchange, called Washington Healthplanfinder, that will allow individuals and families who do not have employer-sponsored health insurance to enroll in a health plan and receive financial help. Health coverage offered through Washington Healthplanfinder includes Classic Medicaid, an expanded Medicaid program for Washington state called “Apple Health,” and various qualified health insurance plans.
Enrollment for health insurance through the state will began Oct. 1, 2013 and ends on March 31, 2014. Below is more information to help you better understand and make the most of these new benefits.
How to enroll:
- Online: www.wahealthplanfinder.org
- Call: 1-855-WAFINDER (1-855-923-4633) or TTY/TTD 1-855-627-9604
- In person: In-person Assisters (also called Navigators), agents and brokers will be available to help you enroll in coverage on the Health Benefit Exchange. More information can be found here.
- Community Events: King County and partner organizations will host events to help individuals enroll. More information is available here.
- Swedish: In-person Assisters will be available at all Swedish hospitals and Emergency Departments. For more information, call 206-386-6996.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Glossary of Terms
- This video from Public Health – Seattle & King County
- Information for individuals/families from Washington Health Benefit Exchange
- Federally Qualified Health Centers Contact Sheet
- Citizen and Immigration Eligibility Chart
- Refugee Resettlement Assistance Provider List
Health Insurance Questions? We’re Happy to Help.
Get in touch with the Swedish Customer Service Line:
Call us at 206-701-7771 between 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Mondays through Fridays.
Free Help Sessions
Free hands-on assistance is available for those signing up for a new plan through the Health Benefit Exchange:
Swedish/Cherry Hill Campus Wednesday, March 19 10 a.m. - 6p.m.
If you can't attend, make an appointment to come in for assistance by calling Swedish at 206-386-6996 between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.