New Insurance Exchange Information
Beginning Jan. 1, 2014, the Affordable Care Act will require everyone to have health insurance. The goal is to make coverage more accessible and affordable for those who do not currently have health insurance or have limited coverage.
In Washington state, Medicaid eligibility will expand to include more adults. The state is also setting up a Health Benefit Exchange, called Washington Healthplanfinder, that will allow individuals and families who do not have employer-sponsored health insurance to enroll in a health plan and receive financial help. Health coverage offered through Washington Healthplanfinder includes Classic Medicaid, an expanded Medicaid program for Washington state called “Apple Health,” and various qualified health insurance plans.
Enrollment for health insurance through the state will began Oct. 1, 2013. Below is more information to help you better understand and make the most of these new benefits.
How to enroll:
- Online: www.wahealthplanfinder.org
- Call: 1-855-WAFINDER (1-855-923-4633) or TTY/TTD 1-855-627-9604
- In person: In-person Assisters (also called Navigators), agents and brokers will be available to help you enroll in coverage on the Health Benefit Exchange. More information can be found here.
- Community Events: King County and partner organizations will host events to help individuals enroll. More information is available here.
- Swedish: In-person Assisters will be available at all Swedish hospitals and Emergency Departments. For more information, call 206-386-6996.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Glossary of Terms
- This video from Public Health – Seattle & King County
- Information for individuals/families from Washington Health Benefit Exchange
- Federally Qualified Health Centers Contact Sheet
- Citizen and Immigration Eligibility Chart
- Refugee Resettlement Assistance Provider List
Questions? We’re Happy to Help.
Call the Swedish Customer Service Line:
Call 206-701-7771 between 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Mondays through Fridays
Free help sessions
Need help signing up for new healthcare insurance through the Washington Health Benefit Exchange?
Stop by on Thursday, Dec. 12 from noon-8 p.m. at our Cherry Hill campus in the Casey Room, which is located in the Dining Room.
If you’re unable to attend, you can make an appointment to come in for one-on-one assistance by calling Swedish at 206-386-6996 between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.