Swedish Edmonds Neurology
7320 216th St. SW
Edmonds, WA 98026
Specialists at Swedish Edmonds Neurology, part of the Swedish Neuroscience Institute, diagnose and treat the full range of neurological disorders. Learn more
In addition, our registered neurodiagnostic technicians are caring, customer-oriented and highly skilled professionals and provide the following diagnostic services:
- EEG (electroencephalogram): This test records the electrical activity of the brain. An EEG takes one to two hours. The patient lies on a comfortable bed for the duration of the test.
- EMG/NCV (Electromyograph/nerve conductive velocity): This test is performed by a neurologist and takes about one hour. The EMG evaluates the muscles; the nerve conduction study evaluates the nerves.
- VER (visual evoked response): This test evaluates the function of the optic nerve. This test takes about one hour. The patient sits in a darkened room and looks at a TV screen with a checkerboard pattern.
- BAER (brainstem auditory evoked response): Evaluates the function of the auditory nerve. The patient wears soft foam earphone inserts and lies on a bed. A BAER takes about one hour.
- Somatosensory Testing (MSEP, ULSEP, PTSEP, DSEP): Tests evaluate the function of specific nerves. Takes approximately one hour.
All tests must be ordered by a licensed provider. Please give us a call if you have any questions.
Swedish Edmonds Neurology was formerly known as Puget Sound Neurology.