News and Events
Also see our Edmonds Campus Awards page
We have a number of exciting, new projects under way at Swedish Edmonds. In addition to the new $11 million Swedish Cancer Institute facility, we've made a $2 million investment in a da Vinci® Surgical System. See below for more details on each of these exciting projects and a list of community events we're supporting.
A new Swedish Cancer Institute facility
Opened in April 2013, the new two-story, 17,102-square-foot medical oncology center features:
- A medical oncology suite
- Chemotherapy and infusion services
- Patient-care areas with enhanced patient privacy and comfort
In addition to the new medical oncology center, there are exciting new changes at Swedish Cancer Institute, Radiation Oncology, at Edmonds:
- The cancer center is the first on the West Coast to offer radiation therapy using the new Elekta Versa HD™ linear accelerator (linac) — technology commonly used for cancer radiation treatments
- The second floor will soon undergo changes and is planned to house a new Cancer Resource Center that will provide patient and family-centered education, social services and meeting rooms for support groups, as well as space for specialists and alternative cancer-care providers.
- More than 2,600 cancer patients were cared for by the Swedish Cancer Institute, Puget Sound Cancer Centers and other local cancer-care providers affiliated with Swedish Edmonds in 2010. The expansion and coordination of cancer services will allow Swedish Edmonds to serve even more patients for many years to come.
Robotic-Assisted Surgery Now at Swedish Edmonds
Less pain, less risk of infection and less time in the hospital are all patient benefits with new, innovative technology that’s revolutionizing the way urologic and gynecologic surgeries are performed at Swedish Edmonds.
The hospital is now equipped with the da Vinci® Surgical System — advanced robotic technology that allows some types of complex surgical procedures to be performed with greater precision and less invasively.
For more information, go to www.swedish.org/roboticsurgery
Community Events and Sponsorships
As a 501(c)3 nonprofit, Swedish is committed to improving the health of the community. We are a proud sponsor of a number of community events including:
- Nick of Time Youth Heart Screenings, Meadowdale High School, Lynnwood Feb. 12
- April Pools Day, Mountlake Terrace Recreation Pavilion, April 5
- Edmonds Senior Center Health Fair, April 25
- March for Babies, Edmonds, April 26
- Health & Fitness Expo, Edmonds-Woodway High School, May 17
- Edmonds Community College FoodFest, Lynnwood Convention Center, May 18
- Relay for Life, Edmonds-Woodway High School, May 31-June 1
- Edmonds Arts Festival, June 13-15
- Taste of Edmonds, Aug. 8-10
- Edmonds School District 5K Fun Run, Oct. 4
Stevens Hospital Now Swedish Edmonds
For 46 years you knew us as Stevens Hospital, but on Sept. 1, 2010 we became Swedish.
We now offer you the advanced technology, experienced physicians and up-to-the-minute programs that have made Swedish the leading medical center in the area. By joining forces, we're more efficient to reduce waste and bring better value to our patients.
Stevens was long been a place to get great care close to home. Now it’s a place to get Swedish care.