Swedish Anticoagulation Clinic - Issaquah
751 NE Blakely Drive
Issaquah, WA 98029
Pharmacists at the Swedish Anticoagulation Clinic work with patients and their physicians to manage anticoagulation therapy.
What Is Anticoagulation?
Anticoagulation is the process of thinning the blood and keeping it thin to prevent clot formation. One of the most commonly prescribed anticoagulant medications is warfarin, also known as Coumadin®.
Who Needs Anticoagulation?
Those with an existing blood clot such as:
- Deep vein thrombosis (DVT), a blood clot in a large vein, most commonly in the leg
- Pulmonary embolus (blood clot in the lungs)
Patients are also at risk of blood clots if they have had a stroke or heart attack, or if they have:
- Artificial heart valves
Artrial fibrillation (irregular heart beat)
Anticoagulation Management Services We Offer
Since many medications, foods and diseases can affect the response to warfarin, frequent blood tests are required to determine how fast the patient's blood is clotting. We offer:
- Rapid INR result using the finger-stick method of blood testing in addition to full laboratory services
- Low molecular weight heparin (LMWH) and fondaparinux management
- Vitamin K management
- Bleeding complications management
- Screening for drug interactions and medication management
- Bridge therapy with LMWHs or fondaparinux for patients requiring surgical procedures