University of Miami CITI Web-Based Training Instructions:
To complete the University of Miami CITI Web-Based Training for the Ethical Conduct of Human Subjects in Research, follow the instructions shown below.
Swedish also honors most human subjects protection training completed at the University of Washington, the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, and other local institutions. Other training may be accepted on a case-by-case basis.
1. Go to www.citiprogram.org and register for the course. Follow the registration instructions.
• Identify Swedish Medical Center as your participating institution.
• You will be asked to select a curriculum. Most researchers (e.g., investigators, research coordinators, research assistants, etc.) should select the “Biomedical Research Investigators and Key Personnel” curriculum.
2. After you have logged into the CITI training program, you will come to a Learner’s Menu where you can initiate your training under the “My Courses” section.
3. The entire Biomedical Research modules, with quiz questions following each course, may take at least 3 hours to complete. You can "bookmark" your place in any module so you don't have to complete the entire course in one session. However, once you start any quiz, you must finish it before exiting the course. The system will not let you back into a quiz that you exit before finishing - it will assign an "incomplete" for that quiz. *You may download most of the course content for your reference before taking quizzes. You may also retake any or all quizzes. Your highest score will be saved.
4. When you complete the quiz after each module, the system informs you when an answer is correct or incorrect, and explains why.
5. Upon successful completion of the training, a completion report will be delivered to you. The Manager of the Institutional Review Office will also receive notification of your results.