Eligible physicians manage their own data in their profile. The profile is used to help patients and referring physicians find a physician — here on our web site, and through our call center. Many search by clinical interest; it is important to make that section as accurate and complete as possible.
To update your profile
1. From a desktop computer, visit www.swedish.org/CMSDesk
2. Enter your user name and password. New providers receive an email with this information after the credentialing process. Eligible physicians are those on Active status in good standing with the Swedish Medical Staff. For questions about your status or how to change your status, contact 206-386-2550 or e-mail email@example.com If you're eligible and need a new username and password, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Click "Physician Profile"
4. If you haven't already, change your password to be your strong password (the same one you use on the Swedish network). This will protect your profile.
5. Use the tabs at the top of the screen to move through the profile, and populate the fields with your info. Be sure to hit save at the bottom of each page
- Basic info: This is where upload your own headshot photo. Remove the blue placeholder graphic, then upload your image (any size), click preview, then click save.
- Care info: this is where you can enter info about your practice, philosophy of care, etc. Be sure to click save.
- Resume info: Do this area last; changes will "lock" your profile. Enter specialty and clinical interests, info on training, etc. Multiple specialties or clinical interests will need to be done carefully; the control key needs to be pressed if making multiple selections. This will be sent for approval before posting, and should go live within a week.
- Swedish Locations: What you tag here shows in the "Offices" part of your profile. This is how patients and providers refer to you. Please do not enter campuses here.
- Private Practice Location: What you enter here shows in the "Offices" part of your profile. Enter your private or custom office name, phone number, website url, etc.
- The information you enter is posted on the web immediately (watch spelling please!), with the exception of specialty, schools attended and board certification. Please allow a week’s turnaround time for those fields to be confirmed and published.
Who is eligible for a Physician Profile in this referral service?
Physicians on Active status in good standing with the Swedish Medical Staff are eligible for the referral service. Please contact Medical Staff Services at 206-386-2550 for questions about your status or to learn how to change your status.
If you do not have a current photo, you may have one taken at Swedish Medical Photography at (206) 386-2371. Once you have a photo in .jpg format saved to your computer, you can upload it directly to your profile. No turnaround time; it gets posted immediately. After you log in, follow the prompts under the “Basic Info” tab. Be sure to hit save.
Turnaround time before publishing
Some of the fields are published immediately (name, office information, photo). Your specialty, board certification and education are reviewed by medical staff Services. Please allow one week for publishing.
Make the most of your profile by tagging your clinical interests
Potential patients usually search for doctors by Specialty or Clinical Interests. Please make sure these fields are complete and accurate. Your specialty should be your primary field of expertise – ideally you should just have one specialty and as many clinical interests as appropriate.
If you are eligible but cannot log in