Swedish’s Pharmacy Practice Residency Program prepares practitioners through mentored training and application of clinical skills. Although there are ten (10) core rotations to complete, the program is highly flexible and uniquely tailored to suit the individual needs and interests of the Pharmacy Resident.
Practice Area Rotations
Swedish Medical Center is comprised of four (4) main campuses: First Hill, Cherry Hill, Issaquah and Edmonds with Ballard as an extension location, all of which serve as the rotation sites for the Residency Program. The Resident will be primarily based at First Hill but rotations are at all of the campuses.
The Resident will be required to complete ten (10) core rotations and have the option of either one (1) or two (2) elective rotations. If chosen, the Resident may choose to have an elective rotation in other off-site rotational sites to further tailor their Residency Program. The Resident will also be active in planning, implementing and evaluating new rotations and services.
Core Rotations (2 – 6 weeks in length)
- Antimicrobial Stewardship
- Critical/Medical Intensive/Surgical Intensive Care
- General Medicine
- Kidney/Liver/Pancreas Transplantation
- Pediatrics/Neonatal Intensive Care/Special Care Nursery/Pediatric Intensive Care/OB-GYN
- Clinical Practice Management
- Anticoagulation Clinic
- Family Practice Medicine (Cherry Hill)
- University of Washington School of Pharmacy Therapeutics Laboratory
Elective (2 – 11 weeks in length)
- Cardiac Intensive Care
- Neurology Intensive Care
- Stem Cell Transplantation*
- Outpatient Oncology
- Swedish Medical Group*
- University of Washington Teaching Certificate Course
*in process of developing