daVinci Robotic Surgery
This position is a one-year training experience in robotic surgery. Patient care services, both ambulatory and inpatient, are the means through which the resident acquires clinical skills. Didactics and conferences contribute to the acquisition of cognitive and professional skills. All services are supervised by licensed physicians who have ultimate responsibility for the patient.
The Fellow must have a full Washington state medical license, be a member of the Swedish Medical Staff, and have appropriate credentials.
The Fellow, without the use of an intermediary, must be able to:
- Be an integral part of the da Vanci robotic team.
- Have completed the Intuitive Surgical training course for robotic surgery prior to participating in robotic cases.
- Provide table-side surgical assistance for da Vinci robotics cases, thereby establishing consistency during the robotic procedures.
- Participate in advanced laparoscopic surgical procedures based on the Fellow’s level of experience and the complexity of the laparoscopic procedure.
- Provide expertise for the set-up and troubleshooting of the da Vinci robot.
- Provide training to other health care providers interested in assisting robotic surgery.
- Work with the OR nurse manager or nurse coordinator of robotics to facilitate periodic instrumentation and supply review.
- Maintain a database to accurately record the results of the da Vinci robotic cases for quality control purposes.
- Evaluate urologic patients pre and post-operatively to establish continuity of care and measure patient outcomes.
- Provide supervised post-operative care to those patients in which the Fellow participated in the surgery.
The Fellow may:
- Participate as an assistant in procedures outside of robotic and advanced laparoscopic cases if available.
- Be involved in supervised on-call activities on a periodic basis.
Director: Jim Porter, MD (206) 386-6266 Jporter@u.washington.edu
Hiring Contact: Carla Brannen (206) 386-3035 email@example.com
Location: Inpatient Surgery, Swedish Medical Center/ First Hill