Fluoroscopic Radiation Safety Online Module
Please note: These modules will not work on Internet Explorer 10 or 11. If you are currently using either of these browsers, please use a different browser to complete these modules. We apologize for the inconvenience and are working quickly to get the problem resolved. Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
The goal of this online module is to provide participants with the information needed to safely and effectively minimize radiation doses to patients, prevent the possibility of acute radiation injuries, maintain both an actual and perceived safe working environment, and comply with state and federal limits on employees and the general public.
Any Swedish physician who works with fluoroscopic radiation must pass a fluoroscopic radiation safety quiz before working with such materials.
- Patient Safety - Promote the "Culture of Safety," minimize radiation doses to patient and prevent the possibility of acute radiation injuries.
- Staff Safety - Minimize dose while maintaining both an actual and perceived safe working environment.
- Compliance - Review State and Federal limits on radiation dose to both the employees (staff) and general public.
Planning Committee and Content Developers
Mary Gregg, M.D., Director of Quality and Patient Safety
John Gough, Radiation Safety Officer
Laura Jacob, MEd, CME Specialist
Bart Keogh, M.D., Chief of Radiology
William Marks, M.D., Radiologist
Barbara Shaw, Medical Staff Services Manager
The planning committee members and faculty have no financial relationships with commercial interests to disclose.
No commercial support was used in the development of this CME activity.
Accreditation with Commendation
Swedish Medical Center is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
Swedish Medical Center designates this enduring material for a maximum of 0.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Adobe Flash Player 6,0,79 or later.
One of the following Web browsers (the stated version or later):
- Windows: Internet Explorer 6, Firefox 1, Google Chrome, Safari 3, Opera 9.5, Netscape 7, AOL 8, CompuServe 7
- Macintosh: Firefox 1, Google Chrome, Safari 3, Opera 9.5, Netscape 7, AOL 7
- Linux: Firefox 1, Opera 9.5, Konqueror 3.3.1
To print your Certificate of Completion at the end, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. Follow the instructions on that page to download and install the software.
This is a self-learning module requiring the participant to review information and answer questions related to the content.
Estimated Time to Complete
Allow 30 minutes to complete the self-learning module and exam.
Original Release Date: December 31, 2011
End Date: December 31, 2015
Swedish CME: 206-386-2755 or email
Privacy & Confidentiality
This learning activity is the property of Swedish Medical Center.
CME credit will be granted only if you score 100% on the post-test.
After completing the online module, you will be directed to:
- Complete the CME Evaluation of this activity
- Register to record participation and claim credit
- Print your CME Certificate
Swedish Medical Staff Services is automatically notified after you complete this module.
Updated: September 2013