SWOG 0905: Randomized Phase II Study of Cediranib (NSC #732208) Versus Placebo in Combination with Cisplatin and Pemetrexed in Chemonaive Patients with Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma
- Type of Study
- Cancer (Oncology) - Lung
- Swedish Cancer Institute
- Short Description
Purpose: This randomized phase II trial is studying the side effects and best dose of cediranib maleate when given together with pemetrexed disodium and cisplatin and tp see how well it works in treating patients with malignant pleural mesothelioma.
- Open to Enrollment
- Principal Investigator
- Gary Goodman, M.D.
- Eligibility Notes
Histologically or cytologically confirmed malignant pleural mesothelioma
- Not planning to undergo surgical resection
- Zubrod performance status 0-2
- Must be able to swallow oral medications
- No mean QTc > 500 msec (with Bazett correction) by ECG or other significant ECG abnormality
- No NYHA class III-IV congestive heart failure
No prior systemic therapy (chemotherapy or other biological therapy) for unresectable malignant pleural mesothelioma
- Prior systemic chemotherapy or biologic therapy as neoadjuvant or adjuvant therapy allowed provided disease has recurred and systemic therapy was completed > 6 months before study entry
- At least 28 days since prior surgery (e.g., pleurectomy, pleurodeses, thoracic or other major surgeries) and recovered
- At least 28 days since prior radiotherapy and recovered
- Histologically or cytologically confirmed malignant pleural mesothelioma
- More Info Link
- Additional information about the study summary and eligibility criteria may be viewed on the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH) website.
- (206) 215-3086