Observational registry study to determine if enrollment in a regional kidney paired donor exchange program improves the overall rate of kidney transplantation in sensitized patients, and sensitized patients undergoing desensitization treatments
Purpose: This is a prospective, multi-center, observational study to determine if a combination of desensitization and enrollment in a regional kidney paired donor (KPD) exchange program improves the overall rate of kidney transplantation in sensitized patients.
Kidney/Dialysis - Kidney Transplant
Lisa Florence, M.D.
- Age ≥ 18 years
- Listed on the deceased donor kidney waiting list for renal transplant at the participating center
- Meet all recipient selection criteria of the transplant center
- Recipient must have either:
- have one or more medically suitable donors who are ABO incompatible or HLA incompatible (defined as positive serologic cross-match); or
- have a medically suitable donor that is otherwise deemed incompatible due to age, size, or other mismatch by their respective transplant center; or
- be listed on the deceased donor waiting list for ≥ one year without an identifiable living donor and have a PRA% ≥ 60%