CRC 13160: A Placebo-Controlled Study of Oral L-glutamine and Pyridoxal-5-phosphate (Vitamin B6) for the mitigation of Velcade-Induced Peripheral Neuropathy: A Pilot Study
Purpose: To find out if supplementation with the amino acid L-glutamine and an activated form of Vitamin B6 known as pyridoxal-5-phosphate will decrease or prevent the symptom of chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy associated with taking Velcade.
January 01, 1900
Cancer () - Multiple Myeloma
Michael Milder, M.D.
Swedish Cancer Institute
- Diagnosed with multiple myeloma
- Set to begin standard Velcade treatment under to care of an oncologist
- No known sensitivity to Velcade, boron, or mannitol
- No diagnosis or treatment for another malignancy within two years of enrollment with the exception of complete resection of basal cell carcinoma or squamous cell carcinoma of the skin, an in situ malignancy, or low-risk prostate cancer after curative therapy
- No participation in another clinical traisl with other investigational agents not included in this trial within 14 days of study start and throughout the duration of this trial
- No radiation therapy within three weeks before randomization