A recipe for good health: Easy banana bread
December 02, 2016
• 1 (8-ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
• 1 cup of sugar
• 3 medium bananas, mashed
• 1 large egg, beaten
• 2 large egg whites
• 2 cups biscuit baking mix
• ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
• Coat a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
• In a mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese and sugar until light.
• Mix in the bananas, egg and cinnamon until blended.
• Place in the coated pan.
• Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
• Let cool for 15 minutes.
Makes 12 slices
Nutritional information per serving
3 grams protein
28 grams carbohydrates
1 gram dietary fiber
267 milligrams sodium
20 milligrams cholesterol
5 grams fat (2 grams saturated fat)
Courtesy of Eating Well Through Cancer
This article is from the Winter 2016 issue of Life to the Fullest, the newsletter from the Swedish Cancer Institute (SCI) dedicated to those with cancer, cancer survivors, and their family members and caregivers.