Education programs after cancer
February 24, 2014 12:00:00 AM
At the Swedish Cancer Institute, we understand that completing treatment for cancer presents a new set of circumstances. For this reason, we offer free education programs to help patients explore these questions with others who are preparing to complete or who have completed cancer treatment.
In these eight-week groups you will have the opportunity to:
- Make peace with the impact of cancer treatment
- Reduce the stress cancer places on relationships
- Overcome the fear of recurrence
- Renew hope and increase resilience
In a safe and supportive environment, individuals who are preparing to complete or have completed cancer treatment are invited to sign up for these practical life-skills classes. We will gently explore life after treatment and share plans for survivorship.
ACT – After Cancer Treatment: What’s Next?
An eight-week group designed for men and women to learn practical life-skills to help rebuild after active cancer treatment is completed. Swedish/First Hill
- Spring: March 11-April 29, 2014
- Summer: June 10-July 29, 2014
- Fall: September 23-November 11, 2014
ABC – After Breast Cancer: What’s Next?
An eight-week group for women to learn practical life-skills to help rebuild after active breast cancer treatment is completed. Swedish/First Hill
- Spring: March 12-April 30, 2014
- Fall: September 24-November 12, 2014
- Spring: March 13-May 1, 2014
- Fall: September 25-November 13, 2014
The groups run every eight weeks, January through November, and are held at the Swedish Cancer Institute’s First Hill and Edmonds campuses. Advanced registration is required. The groups are free to patients at Swedish campus. For more information and to register, please call 206-386-2502
or visit www.swedish.org/classes.