Smashed Red Potatoes
January 30, 2014 12:00:00 AM
- 12 whole new potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- finely chopped rosemary
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Generously add salt. Boil until fork-tender.
- Drizzle olive oil on a sheet pan.
- Arrange cooked potatoes on the cookie sheet leaving room between each potato.
- With a potato masher or back of a wooden spoon , press down on each potato until it mashes, but is still held together by the skin.
- Sprinkle potatoes with salt, pepper, and rosemary.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until crisp & golden brown. (Serves 4-6)