January 30, 2014 12:00:00 AM
- 4 each Kaiser Roll or Round Italian Loaf
- 4 each Green Leaf Lettuce Leaves
- 1 ripe tomato , sliced
- 1/2 cup tapenade spread (purchase )
- 4 each Portobello mushrooms grilled and thinly sliced
- 2 oz thinly sliced manchego cheese
- 4 slices smoked provolone
- Extra virgin olive oil for dressing bread
- Cut rolls or loaf of bread in half lengthwise
- drizzle top and bottom with E.V. Olive oil
- Lay lettuce leaves on the bottom bread and place in single layers the provolone first, then the Portobello and last the manchego.
- Spread the tapenade on the top piece of roll or loaf and close the sandwich.
- Cut loaf into 4 equal portions or if using individual rolls in half. Serves 4 -8
- Tip: Use a small roll and these make incredible sliders!