Energizing Quinoa Breakfast
February 23, 2012 12:00:00 AM
A healthy start to your day, full of fiber to keep you powered for hours without weighing you down!
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1/8-1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ cup berries (blueberry, raspberry, blackberry or strawberry)
- 1 tablespoon hempseeds
- Place water, quinoa and spices in saucepan and stir gently.
- Turn heat to high until just bubbling, then cover and reduce to simmer for approximately 15 minutes.
- After cooking time is complete and water has been absorbed, remove lid and fluff lightly with a fork.
- Add honey, berries and hempseeds and stir gently to combine. May be enjoyed warm or cold. Serve over yogurt if desired.
Preparation Time: 25 minutes total
Yield: 4, 1 ¼ cup servings.
Original recipe by Tarynne L. Mingione, 2012.