Substantial Spinach Salad
December 14, 2011 12:00:00 AM
- 4 cups washed and rinsed baby spinach
- 2 ripe pears
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- 4 baby Clementine oranges
- 1 Tbs dried cranberries
- 1 Tbs pistachios (shelled, dry roasted, salted)
- 1 Tbs dry roasted almonds
- 1 Tbs dry roasted pecans
- 1 Tbs dry roasted walnuts
- Fresh cracked pepper (optional)
- Cut pear into small cubes and place in bowl and cover with lemon juice (to prevent browning). Let sit 5 minutes.
- Peel Clementines and cut individual segments in half.
- Pour pear bowl over greens.
- Add oranges, cranberries and nuts and toss salad completely.
- Sprinkle with fresh ground pepper if preferred. Add dressing if preferred.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes.
Yields: 4 servings (Nutrition Facts is for ¼ of recipe above).