December 13, 2011 12:00:00 AM
- 1 large egg white
- 1 Tbs water
- ¼ cup organic cane sugar
- ¼ cup packed brown cane sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cayenne (+/- per preference)
- ¼ tsp cloves
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- Pinch of ground ginger
- 2 cups mixed raw nuts (walnuts, pecans, almonds)
- Preheat oven to 275F.
- In large bowl, whish egg white until foamy.
- Add cold water, sugar, salt and spices and whisk. Add nuts and coat completely.
- Spread in single layer on ungreased baking pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes, remove from oven, then use a metal spatula to lift from pan and stir.
- Return to oven for additional 10-15 minutes or until golden brown and fragrant.
- Remove from oven, mix again and let cool in single layer on metal wire racks.
Preparation Time: 45minutes total.
Yields: 8, 1/4 cup servings (nutrition facts is for one ¼ cup serving).
Recipe Adapted by Tarynne Mingione from Martha Stewart, Martha Stewart Living, 2005.