Quinoa Banana Muffins Recipe
November 07, 2011
A hearty, warming and stabilizing breakfast or portable snack that will leave your stomach pleased and your body energized.
- ½ cup quinoa flour
- ½ cup quinoa flakes
- 2 tbsp almond meal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp light coconut milk
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 eggs
- 2 very ripe bananas
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Mix dry ingredients in large bowl.
- In separate bowl, mix together zest, coconut milk, honey, eggs and bananas.
- Once thoroughly mixed, add to dry ingredients. Combine completely.
- Pour into greased muffin tins, filling halfway to make a dozen or completely for about ½ dozen large muffins.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven when tops are just hinting of brown. Chill on wire racks.
- Eat immediately within the next several days (trust me, you will). Store in the refrigerator up to one week, or freeze for up to 2-3 months.
Preparation Time: 25 minutes total
Yield: 6 large or 12 small muffins.
Original Recipe by Tarynne L Mingione, 2011