Ginger Seared Salmon Recipe
November 07, 2011
- 8oz salmon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup tamari
- 3 tablespoons grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Rub salmon with olive oil and sprinkle with pepper.
- Combine tamari, ginger, sugar, scallions and spices. Drizzle ½ of total mixture over salmon.
- Heat cast iron over medium-high heat, about 3 minutes.
- Place salmon (skin side up) in skillet for 3 minutes.
- Flip and carefully transfer cast iron into preheated oven.
- Cook 10-15 minutes or when internal temperature reaches 145F, flesh is opaque and separates easily.
- Drizzle remaining sauce over salmon and serve immediately.
Preparation Time: 35 minutes total
Yield: 1, 8oz filet.
Original Recipe by Tarynne L Mingione, 2011.