Genuinely Sweet Cranberry Sauce Recipe
November 23, 2011
A sweet side dish with antioxidant rich cranberries and a unrefined cane sugar.
- 1 Cup
- 2 Cups Pomegranate Juice
- Cranberries, washed and rinsed
- ½ Cup Sucanat
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Nutmeg
- ½ tsp Salt
- Orange zest
- Bring pomegranate juice to a simmer over medium-high heat in a saucepan.
- Add cranberries and stir often for about 10 minutes or until cranberries first begin to pop.
- Add sugar, spices and salt and continue to stir for a minute more.
- Remove from heat and stir in orange zest.
- Add in toasted pecans, walnuts or currants for additional texture.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes total
Yield: 2 ¼ cups.
Original Recipe by Tarynne L. Mingione, 2011
Sucanat is unrefined cane sugar – meaning the cane juice is extracted from the sugar cane, then dehydrated and granulated. It is less refined than white sugar and retains the mineral-rich molasses- hence its dark color and sweet taste.