Services Restored after Fire at Swedish/Edmonds

November 27, 2013

Rapid round-the-clock efforts allow Swedish/Edmonds to restore all services after a fire in electrical room knocked out power to some parts of the hospital

 

Edmonds, Wash. — November 27, 2013 — Swedish Edmonds today restored the last of services that were knocked out due to a fire in the hospital’s electrical room on November 21. The fire was under control within 30 minutes from when firefighters arrived and none of them were injured. One employee and two contractors were evaluated and treated for smoke inhalation that evening.

The fire damaged the main electrical lines preventing back-up power from reaching parts of the hospital. Immediately after the fire was extinguished, 40 percent of the facility had power. Today, 95 percent of the hospital has electricity. Swedish Edmonds continues to run 14 commercial generators.

“We are very fortunate that the response was swift and organized which allowed services to be rest...