How many recipes are enhanced by mustard? Too many to count. And this meal with baked cod is no exception. Our Spinach Barley and Broiled Tomatoes are excellent accompaniments. Serves 4.
- canola oil spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon or yellow mustard
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 pound cod fillet
- 1 tablespoon each tarragon and chives
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray an ovenproof dish with oil spray.
- In a small bowl mix together the olive oil, mustard, vinegar, and water. Stir to blend.
- Place fillets in dish, cover with mustard mixture.
- Place pan on top shelf of oven and bake for 10-12 minutes until done.
- Divide into 4 portions. Serve by spooning the liquid from the pan over each portion. Top with parsley, tarragon, and chives.
Per serving: 128 calories, 20 gm protein, 2 gm carbohydrate, 4.5 gm fat, .5 gm sat fat, 3 gm mono fat, 46 mg cholesterol, .5 gm fiber, 141 mg sodium
THE SEASONED COOK You may substitute another white fish such as tilapia in this recipe.