On your marks, get set, GO!
It’s back to school time, which sets the rest of the family into a rushed morning routine. But, it is also an opportunity to establish a healthier schedule for you and your family. (If you don’t have kids in the house, enjoy some nostalgia of your school days, and use the opportunity to consider improving your morning routine.)
Some tips to keep everyone sane in the early morning rush:
- Plan as much as you can the night before – pick out clothes, pack a healthy lunch
- Keep it mellow – visualize your day before getting out of bed, and ease into breakfast
- Get there early – most people arrive on time, getting there a few minutes early will start your day off a little better
- Fit in fitness – working out first thing in the morning is ideal. If you lock it into your morning routine you’ll feel accomplished and your metabolism will thank you.
- Get a new partner – find a training partner that will keep you accountable to your personal goals.
- Try something new -- register and train for something just out of your comfort zone.
- Pack a rainbow lunch – get as many fruits and veggies as you can
- Get some ‘me’ time -- even five minutes will allow you to feel control over your life
- Play with the kids -- while the weather is still nice, hit up a park after school or go for a family walk after dinner, if possible.
What's your favorite back-to-school (or back-into-the-swing-of-things) tip?