EDMONDS, WASH., Sept. 1, 2010 – Today, Stevens Hospital officially became Swedish/Edmonds and for a short time, the two signs could be seen together.
In time, visitors and patients will notice significant changes. More health-care services will be offered, the quality of services will improve and more patients will have access to care.
Stevens Hospital, a vital resource for the community over the last 46 years, has made a number of recent improvements to better serve the community and now through a partnership with Swedish, will offer even more.
For more information about this, click here.
Established in 1910, Swedish has grown over the last 100 years to become the largest, most comprehensive non-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area. It is comprised of four hospital campuses – First Hill, Cherry Hill, Ballard and Edmonds – a freestanding emergency department and ambulatory care center in Issaquah, Swedish Visiting Nurse Services, and the Swedish Physician Division – a network of more than 40 primary-care and specialty clinics located throughout the Puget Sound area. In fall 2009, Swedish broke ground on a new medical office building and hospital in the Issaquah Highlands, as well as an emergency department and medical office building in Ballard. More recently, Swedish announced plans to open freestanding emergency department and ambulatory care center facilities in Mill Creek and Redmond. In addition to general medical and surgical care, Swedish is known as a regional referral center, providing specialized treatment in areas such as cardiovascular care, cancer care, neuroscience, orthopedics, high-risk obstetrics, pediatric specialties, organ transplantation and clinical research. For more information, visit www.swedish.org and www.swedish100.org.
- To read a related article published in the Sept. 2 issue of The (Everett) Herald, click here.
- To read a related story posted Sept. 1 on MyEdmondsNews.com, click here.
- To read a related story posted Sept. 1 on KOMONews.com/Edmonds, click here.
- To read a related article posted Sept. 6 on the Journal Newspaper Group Web site, click here.