SEATTLE, Oct. 22, 2010 – Swedish Ballard’s new Emergency Department and medical office building (located at 5350 Tallman Ave. N.W.) will be open for public tours and a slew of other fun and beneficial community health activities on Saturday, Nov. 6 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Here is what’s planned:
- Tour the Emergency Department and Medical Office Building (11 a.m.-3 p.m.) – The best time to see an ER is when you’re not a patient – and also when there’s someone there to point out all the cool stuff to see.
- Ask the Doctor (11 a.m.-3 p.m.) – Have a medical question you’ve always waned to ask? The doctors from Swedish Medical Group’s Ballard Primary Care clinic will be on hand so you can do your asking for free.
- Take a Baby Bite of Ballard (11 a.m.-3 p.m.) – Some of Ballard’s favorite restaurants will be on hand, serving bite-sized samples of their most popular menu items.
- Get a Free Soccer Scarf – Since this open house is what you would call a ‘friendly,’ we’re giving away collectible Swedish Ballard soccer scarves to the first 200 visitors. One scarf per person, please.
- Visit the Teddy Bear Clinic (11 a.m.-3 p.m.) – Have your kids bring their doll or stuffed animal to the new Swedish Ballard ER and we’ll give the toys a free check up.
- Hear Some Tunes from Caspar Babypants (1:45-2:30 p.m.) – You know him as Chris Ballew, the lead singer from the band, Presidents of the United States of America. Your toddlers know him as the man on the CD they want to hear over and over. Speaking of CDs, buy one after the concert, and Caspar will autograph it for you.
- Park for Free – The Swedish Ballard garage on Tallman Avenue will be open for free parking all day on Saturday, Nov. 6. Or, if you don’t want to drive, take the bus. The 17, 18, 44, 46, 75 and 81 Metro Transit routes stop just a block away.
For more information, including a complete schedule of events, visit www.swedish.org/ballard.