Heart healthy and full flavored…it’s Greek to you! Marinated for moistness, chicken breasts say “opaa” when sauced with tangy low-fat yogurt spiked with fresh herbs and the Vitamin C and Limonene of lemon juice and lemon peel. Serves 4.
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon peel
- 1½ tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons oregano and parsley, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 pound chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- Combine the yogurt, lemon peel and juice, oregano, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Put the chicken into a dish and spread about ¼ cup of the yogurt sauce over the chicken. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate several hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate the remaining yogurt sauce.
- Place the chicken on a rack in a baking pan and bake in a preheated 375 °F oven for 30 minutes.
- Turn the oven on to broil and continue cooking about 5 minutes, until the chicken is browned and cooked through. (Adjust the rack higher if necessary)
- Spoon the remaining yogurt sauce over the chicken and serve with veggie confetti salad.
Per serving: 229 calories, 38 gm protein, 7 gm carbohydrate, 4 gm fat, 1 gm sat, 1 gm mono, 96 mg cholesterol,1 gm fiber, 273 mg sodium
THE SEASONED COOK This chicken can accompany a variety of salads, including tabouli.
Click here to see more recipes from this collection, or on the 'recipes' tag below.