In our taste tests, teens gave this recipe high fives—and so did the adults! Served heated or at room temperature, it complements a variety of meals. Serves 4.
- ½ cup fine bulgur
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- ½ cup frozen corn
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional)
- ¾ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup canned garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup grape or cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 4 green onions, sliced
- In medium bowl, pour boiling water over bulgur and cover. Let rest for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place corn, peas, and carrots in a strainer and run under hot tap water until thawed. Fluff bulgur with a fork and stir in corn, peas, and carrots. Cool to room temperature.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, pepper, mustard, and garlic. Pour over bulgur mixture, add garbanzo beans, tomatoes, and green onions; stir to combine.
Per serving: 201 calories, 9 gm protein, 37 gm carbohydrate, 4 gm fat, 1 gm sat fat, 2 gm mono fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 9 gm fiber, 419 mg sodium, (129 mg sodium without salt)
Click here to see more recipes from this collection, or on the 'recipes' tag below.