Light and creamy, and soooo easy! With this soufflé there’s no fuss, just lots of flavor, making this festive side dish perfect for your holiday table. Serves 12.
- Non-stick pan spray
- 2 pounds carrots, boiled until soft
- 1 large egg
- 3 large egg whites
- ¼ cup brown sugar packed
- 6 tablespoons matzo meal or bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons heart-healthy margarine, melted
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 2-quart soufflé or casserole dish with non-stick pan spray.
- In food processor, puree carrots until smooth. Add all other ingredients except for nuts and process until smooth.
- Sprinkle nuts across top and bake for 50-60 minutes or until soufflé is puffed and set in the middle.
Per serving: 143 calories, 5g protein, 15g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 7g fat, 1g saturated fat, 3g mono fat, 75mg cholesterol, 186mg sodium
THE SEASONED COOK This festive dish for your holiday table can be made a combo of carrot and sweet potato or yam. Simply substitute 2 pounds of sweet potatoes for the carrots to add additional flavor and texture.
Click here to see more recipes from this collection, or on the 'recipes' tag below.