This is a great basic breakfast drink with tons of versatility to suit your taste. It’s packed with anti-oxidants, vitamins and essential minerals to get your day off to a heart-healthy start (serves 1-2).
- 1 cup frozen blueberries thawed, or fresh in season
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 medium ripe banana, roughly chopped
- Suggested garnish – fresh mint
- Place all ingredients in blender or food processor, blending until smooth.
- Check texture. Add ice for a thinner taste.
- To enjoy the color, serve in clear glasses.
Per serving: 155 calories, 7g protein, 32g carbohydrate, 1g fat, 0g sat fat, 1g mono fat, 2mg cholesterol, 4g fiber, 88mg sodium
THE SEASONED COOK For a more substantial meal try adding: finely ground flax seeds, nuts, tofu, or other favorite fruit. This recipe is most nutritious and tastes best when enjoyed fresh, but for more efficient mornings you can double it and save half for a snack or the next day. When buying yogurt, check the label for high protein and low sugar count.
Click here to see more recipes from this collection, or on the 'recipes' tag below.