Dinner is all wrapped up! Skip the carryout and pick up an Asian Lettuce Wrap that gives heart-healthy, Vitamin B-6 rich lean ground turkey and Asian attitude. Hoisin and soy sauces add flavor and refreshing mint and crunchy cucumber complete these pretty packages. Serve as a substantial appetizer or add a fruit salad for a light meal. Serves 4.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ¾ pound lean ground turkey
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- ½ cup coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- ¼ cup peanut sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 8 butter lettuce or Savoy cabbage cups
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium high. Add onion and sauté until tender, 3-4 minutes. Add turkey and cook until browned, 5-6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine cucumber, mint, and lime juice in a bowl; set aside.
- Add peanut, hoisin, and soy sauces to turkey. Stir and warm through.
- Place the mixture onto leaves and top with cucumber mixture. Fold sides over filling, roll up, and eat!
Per Serving (2 wraps): 209 calories, 24g protein, 10g carbohydrate, 8g fat, 1g sat fat, 4g mono fat, 53mg cholesterol, 2g fiber, 305mg sodium
THE SEASONED COOK With these ingredients on hand, you’ve got a meal in 15 minutes. Find peanut sauce and hoisin sauce next to the soy sauce in your grocery store.
Click here to see more recipes from this collection, or on the 'recipes' tag below.