This traditional English breakfast (serves 6) is called Kedgeree (pronounced kej-uh-ree). It will get you going with a tasty and very nutritious start to the day. But the truth is, it’s delicious for any meal. Make it once a week. It’s easy to reheat at work or school. Add a cucumber yogurt salad and call it dinner.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 3 eggs hard boiled, chopped
- 1 14.75-ounce can pink salmon drained, bones removed and flaked
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Heat olive oil in deep fry pan on low heat.
- Add cooked rice, chopped eggs, salmon and spices, heat through and stir to mix.
- Remove mixture to round bottomed bowl and press in with spatula.
- Place serving plate upside down over bowl and holding the two tightly together, invert so that Kedgeree is neatly mounded on a plate.
- Garnish with parsley and serve warm.
Per serving: 249 calories, 19 gm protein, 16 gm carbohydrate, 12 gm fat, 3 gm sat fat, 6 gm mono fat, 144 mg cholesterol, 1 gm fiber, 423 mg sodium
Click here to see more recipes from this collection, or on the 'recipes' tag below.