SEATTLE, Nov. 29, 2010 – On Saturday, Dec. 18 between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. a public open house will be held to celebrate the opening of Swedish Medical Center’s new emergency department and ambulatory care center located at 18100 N.E. Union Hill Road in Redmond.
A slew of fun family activities is planned as part of the free, four-hour event including:
- Tours the new emergency department and imaging department
- A chance to meet and ask questions of the doctors from Swedish/Redmond’s primary-care clinic
- Free photos with Santa
- A balloon artist
- Cookie decorating
- The chance to win a $250 gift card to Redmond Town Center
- A tree maze – All the fun of a corn maze, made from a forest of trees
- Older kids will get to experience Kinect™ for Xbox 360™ and try out Nintendo® Wii™ inside a cool mobile gaming theater
- A teddy bear clinic – Kids are encouraged to bring their favorite doll or stuffed animal for a free check-up. They can also get a finger cast and have fun decorating it.
- Get a free soccer scarf – The fist 500 visitors can take home a collectible Swedish Redmond soccer scarf
About Swedish Redmond
Designed to be open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, the 86,000-square-foot, three-story building will feature a freestanding emergency department with 18 exam rooms, an advanced diagnostic imaging center (including X-ray, mammography, ultrasound, CT scan and MRI) and on-site laboratory services, as well as primary- and specialty-care offices. The facility officially opens for business on Tuesday, Dec. 21.