Thrive Through Cancer is a non-profit organization that helps young adults with cancer and their caregivers find hope and thrive. Through support groups, social events and community forums, Thrive Through Cancer aims to engage young adult community members by providing support and resources during their fight against cancer.
On June 20, 2013 Thrive Through Cancer will host a social event for young adults, their families, friends and caregivers at the Swedish Cancer Institute: Chemo-Con!
Come meet Rose Egge, founder of Thrive Through Cancer, and join us for two educational and interactive workshops focused on issues commonly experienced by young adults affected by cancer.
- Join Registered Dietician Julie Herbst for a conversation about healthy eating, maximizing nutritional intake and managing symptoms with foods. Recipe and sampling provided.
- Jacci Thompson-Dodd, MA, MSSS will host a discussion about intimacy and cancer, and can help answer any questions you may have.
You will also have the opportunity to learn more about community partners, resources and services available in areas near you from the following organizations:
This is an opportunity for young adults who have been touched by cancer in the Seattle area to come together and network with a proactive, dynamic community!
Thursday, June 20, 2013
Swedish Cancer Institute/First Hill
1221 Madison Street, Seattle
A-Floor West, Donald A. Tesh, M.D., Conference Rooms A & B
- 5:30 – 6:15 p.m. | Exhibition tables open, social
- 6:15 – 6:30 p.m. | Rose Egge speaks about Thrive Through Cancer
- 6:30 – 7:15 p.m. | Session 1: Julie Herbst, RD speaks about healthy eating and maximizing nutritional intake
- 7:15 – 7:30 p.m. | Break, exhibition tables open, social
- 7:30 – 8:15 p.m. | Session 2: Jacci Thompson-Dodd, MA, MSSS discusses intimacy and cancer
- 8:15 – 8:30 p.m. | Q&A
For more information or to register for this event, please click here or call 206-386-2502.
If you have any questions about Thrive Through Cancer, contact Rose Egge at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope to see you there!