July 2004
Blog

July 2004 posts

Whooping Cough: Swedish Provides Latest Update

SEATTLE, July 31, 2004 - Swedish Medical Center has contacted more than 99 percent of the obstetrics (OB) and Emergency Department (E.D.) patients who may have been exposed to the pertussis (whooping cough) illness. As of 10 a.m. this morning, Swedish had evaluated a total of 198 patients for possib...

Whooping Cough: Patient Lab Results Continue to Return Negative - But Threat Not Over. Swedish Remains Cautious, Concerned

SEATTLE, July 30, 2004 - Swedish Medical Center has contacted about 90 percent of the patients potentially at risk for pertussis (whooping cough) exposure and continues to attempt contact with the remaining 10 percent. Lab results continue to return negative, showing no evidence to date of tra...

Whooping Cough: Initial Batch of Patient Lab Results Return Negative, But Swedish Continues with Protective Measures

SEATTLE, July 29, 2004, 6 p.m. - The initial batch of results for patients potentially exposed to pertussis (whooping cough) have all returned negative. However, Swedish continues to pursue aggressive precautionary measures to prevent possible transmission of the highly contagious illness. Res...

Swedish Takes Extra Precautions and Broadens Whooping-Cough Investigation

SEATTLE, July 28, 2004 - As a precautionary measure, Swedish Medical Center is expanding its investigation of possible exposures to the pertussis (whooping cough) bacteria to include additional patients and employees. The investigation is now being widened to include a specific group of patien...

Swedish Clinician Diagnosed with Whooping Cough - Medical Center Contacting Patients, Staff about Possible Exposure

SEATTLE, July 27, 2004 -- A health-care worker in the Emergency Department at the Swedish Medical Center/First Hill Campus was diagnosed with pertussis (whooping cough) on Saturday, July 24. The medical center has identified the patients and employees who may have come in contact with the infe...

Nepalese Girl Arrives in Seattle for Plastic Surgery And New Lease on a More Normal Life

SEATTLE, July 22, 2004 -- After more than eight months of planning, Sushila K.C. Nepali -- an 8-year-old burn victim and orphan -- arrived in Seattle this afternoon for extensive plastic surgery -- a process that is expected to take at least three months before she is able to return home to he...

Swedish Heart Institute Becomes First Cardiac-Care Program on West Coast to Begin Using New Magnetic Catheter Navigation System

SEATTLE, July 20, 2004 - Swedish Heart Institute recently became home to cardiovascular medicine's latest technology - a new cardiac catheterization lab equipped with a state-of-the-art magnetic-assisted navigational device called the Niobe® System from St. Louis-based Stereotaxis Inc. L...
Results 1-7 of 8