- 1 pound zucchini ,shredded
- 2 cups shredded cooked potato
- 2 medium shallots , minced, divided
- 1 egg , beaten
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill , divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt , divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper , divided
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil , divided
- 1 cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 medium cucumber , peeled, seeded and shredded
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 450° F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- prepare tzatziki: Combine yogurt, cucumber, vinegar, the remaining minced shallot, 1 tablespoon dill and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper in a small bowl. Serve the latkes with the tzatziki on the side.
- Toss zucchini, potato, 3 tablespoons shallot and egg in a large bowl. Add breadcrumbs, feta, 1 tablespoon dill, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; toss to combine. Form the mixture into 12 patties.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 6 patties, cover and cook until crispy and browned on one side, 2 to 5 minutes. Carefully transfer the latkes to the prepared pan, browned-side down. Repeat with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and patties.
- Transfer the latkes to the oven and bake until firm and heated through, 10 to 12 minutes. Serves 4
Calories - 325
Carbohydrates - 45
Fat - 12
Saturated Fat - 3
Monounsaturated Fat - 6
Protein - 14
Cholesterol - 62
Dietary Fiber - 10
Potassium - 560
Sodium - 689
Nutrition Bonus - Vitamin C (35 daily value), Zinc (33 dv), Calcium (30 dv), Magnesium (25 dv).