Sweet, tangy grilled peaches are the perfect accompaniment to a turkey breast that turns our tastebuds moist and mouthwatering. This perfectly balanced meal is high in protein and under 300 calories per serving. You’ll gobble it up! Serves 4, with leftovers.
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice, cinnamon or cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless turkey breast (about half of a whole turkey breast)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 peach halves (preferably fresh) or pineapple spears
- Combine first 7 ingredients and set aside 3 tablespoons of the mixture.
- Add onions and turkey breast to remaining mixture, place in a shallow bowl or zip lock bag, and marinate 1 to 4 hours, turning several times.
- Remove turkey breast from marinade and grill over medium high heat 12 to 15 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Add balsamic vinegar to reserved marinade and place 1 tablespoon in the hollow of each peach half. Grill over medium heat for last 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place turkey on broiler pan in center of oven and roast for 20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Add balsamic vinegar to reserved marinade and place 1 tablespoon in the hollow of each peach half. Put in oven with turkey the last 10 minutes.
- Remove turkey breast from heat and let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
Per 4-oz. Serving: 224 calories, 30 gm protein, 14 carbohydrate, 6 gm fat, 1 gm sat fat, 4 gm mono fat, 70 mg cholesterol, 2 gm fiber, 457 mg sodium.