This is an ode to canned salmon. Even friends from Alaska who fish all summer love this spread. And, in fact, we do try to use canned salmon from Alaska. Serves 8 as an appetizer.
- 2 6-ounce cans boneless pink salmon, drained
- 2 tablespoons red onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons capers, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons fat-free sour cream
- 2 teaspoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- cornichons, thinly sliced (optional garnish)
- Place all ingredients in bowl and mix with fork until spreadable.
- Place in serving dish and garnish with cornichons. Chill until serving.
Per serving: 68 calories, 9 gm protein, 1 gm carbohydrate, 3 gm fat, 1gm sat fat, 1 gm mono fat, 24 mg cholesterol, 0 gm fiber, 270 mg sodium
THE SEASONED COOK Cornichons are petite pickles that add a tangy crunch to spreads and patés.
Click here to see more recipes from this collection, or on the 'recipes' tag below.