This dish is an amazing combination of flavors and textures. It’s sweet, savory and crunchy. It’s versatile and goes well with chicken, pork, beef and vegetarian dishes. Both healthy and satisfying! Serves 4.
- 1 small head cauliflower, trimmed into florets (about 2 cups)
- 4 large carrots (about 1 pound), diagonally cut into 1" slices
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon pepper
For mustard sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon prepared mustard or a favorite mustard
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Salt to taste, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- In a bowl, toss cauliflower florets and carrots with 2 teaspoons olive oil and pepper. Cover and microwave 5 minutes.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking oil spray. Place vegetables in a single layer on the sheet. Roast 10 minutes, until vegetables are tender and cauliflower edges are browned.
- For the sauce: While the vegetables are roasting, combine olive oil, mustard, horseradish, and honey in a small bowl.
- Remove vegetables from oven, toss with the sauce and parsley.
Per serving: 131 calories, 3 gm protein, 15 gm carbohydrate, 8 gm fat, 1 gm sat fat, 5 gm mono fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 5 gm fiber, 194 mg sodium
Click here to see more recipes from this collection, or on the 'recipes' tag below.