Fish baked in packets promise moist, tender, and tasty results every time – even if you didn’t think you could cook fish well! Serves 4.
- 4 sheets of foil or parchment paper (approx. 12" x 12" each)
- 1 zucchini, sliced into ¼" rounds (at least 8 pieces)
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic (about 3 large cloves)
- 1 14.5-ounce can low-sodium stewed tomato slices
- 1 pound cod or other firm fleshed white fish, cut into 4 pieces
- 4 tablespoons crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon each dried basil, oregano, and pepper
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- Optional: 4 tablespoons chopped black olives
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- On each piece of foil, layer zucchini and onion slices, ½ teaspoon garlic, and 2 tomato slices.
- Top with the fish, then feta and olives (if using). Sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon each of the basil, oregano, and pepper. Drizzle each with 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Rest 5 minutes.
- Remove fish from foil and arrange on plates.
Per serving: 212 calories, 24g protein, 13g carbohydrate, 8g fat, 2g sat fat, 4g mono fat, 50mg cholesterol, 4g fiber, 207mg sodium
THE SEASONED COOK For more fiber, add ½ cup cooked whole grains, beans, or lentils to the foil beneath the vegetables. If using fresh herbs, remember to triple the amount.
Click here to see more recipes from this collection, or on the 'recipes' tag below.