The Washington Chapter of the March of Dimes honored local nurses at the 11th Annual 2013 Nurse of the Year Awards on Thursday, Nov. 21 at the Meydenbauer Conference Center.
The Nurse of the Year Awards program recognizes exceptional nurses, creates awareness of professional excellence and promotes the future of the nursing profession, while helping advance the mission of the March of Dimes. Whether serving as a health care provider, educator, researcher, or chapter volunteer/advisor, these nurses have played a critical role in improving the health of Washington’s community.
One hundred and fifty nominations were submitted in Washington State. Twelve nurses received top honors with five award winners from Swedish Medical Center (SMC).
Swedish Medical center Nurse of the Year Award Winners:
- Patient/Clinical Care – Laura Mills, Swedish First Hill.
- Community Volunteer – Heather Guthrie, Swedish Edmonds.
- Mentoring – Anita Shoup, Swedish Edmonds.
- New Generation – Stacy Woodard, Swedish Ballard/South Seattle Community College.
Distinguished Nurse of the Year – Linda Maschhoff, Swedish Ballard.
Swedish Medical Center Nurse of the Year Nominees includes the following:
- Kristen Shane, Swedish Pediatric Specialty Care
- Val Lytle, Swedish Ballard
- Vicki Enslow, Swedish Cherry Hill
- Georgi Jacobsen, Swedish Medical Group
- Natalie Zahajko, Swedish Issaquah
- Bonnie Tochterman, Swedish Volunteer
- Carole Galloway, Swedish Ballard
- Najwa Elmorr, Swedish Edmonds
- Lori Nekrasz, Swedish First Hill
- Shannan Hove, Swedish First Hill
- Tammy Lord, Swedish First Hill
- Elirose Hipolito, Swedish First Hill • Deanna Toloudis, Swedish Cherry Hill
- Libby Vlcek, Swedish First Hill
- Joy Ouano, Swedish First Hill
- Chong David, Swedish Medical Group
- Cathy Unthank, Swedish Cherry Hill
- Tyrrel Moody, Swedish Ballard
- Stephanie Jefferies, Swedish Edmonds
- Sandra Bell, Swedish Medical Group
- Jelmina Garingo, Swedish Edmonds
- Amanda Smith, Swedish Ballard
- Toe Zaw, Swedish Ballard