If you relish an explosion of flavors, you’ll love this savory blend of spices, olives, and chicken. And it’s as heart-healthy as it is delicious. Spices offer a wealth of antioxidants, which contribute to healthy arteries. Ginger and turmeric are known to help circulation, similar to aspirin. Serves 4.
Try this with: Festive Bulgur Salad
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 pound boneless skinless fryer chicken breast, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 12 pitted large green olives, halved
- 1 lemon, sliced into rounds
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Combine paprika, cumin, turmeric, ginger, garlic, and flour. Toss with chicken pieces.
- Place chicken and mixture in small baking dish. Combine broth and lemon juice and pour over chicken. Add olives and lemon slices.
- Cover dish and bake for 20 minutes. Remove cover and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro if desired and serve.
Per serving: 243 calories, 37 gm protein, 11 gm carbohydrates, 6 gm fat, 1 gm sat fat, 2 gm mono fat, 96 mg cholesterol, 3 gm fiber, 286 mg sodium
THE SEASONED COOK Turmeric gives food a beautiful golden color and cumin adds a spicy note that you’ll recognize from your favorite Mexican dishes.
Click here to see more recipes from this collection, or on the 'recipes' tag below.