Peas and mint team for texture and flavor in this super simple, light pasta dish. A perfect complement to pork, beef, chicken or fish, you’ll turn to this recipe often, especially when serving leftover meat. Serves 4.
Try this with: Glazed Raspberry Chicken
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 10-ounce package frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons mint
- ½ cup minced parsley
- In a medium saucepan bring broth and olive oil just to a boil.
- Stir in couscous; cover and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Fluff couscous lightly with fork. Add peas, mint, and parsley. Serve.
Per serving: 271 calories, 12 gm protein, 46 gm carbohydrate, 5 gm fat, 1 gm sat fat, 3 gm mono fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 6 gm fiber, 127 mg sodium
THE SEASONED COOK To thaw peas, place in colander and rinse with warm water.
Click here to see more recipes from this collection, or on the 'recipes' tag below.