- 1 pound carrots, peeled, cut on the diagonal into ½” strips
- ½ pound Brussels sprouts, outer leaves removed, cut into thirds
- 1 ½ cups rinsed cranberries (frozen or fresh)
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs raw honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp cayenne (or more for spicier version)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Place carrots, Brussels sprouts, and cranberries in a large bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil and 1 Tbs honey and mix.
- Spread vegetables in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with cinnamon, cayenne, salt and pepper, mix gently.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes, or until carrots are fork tender, mixing gently about halfway through.
- Remove from oven. Drizzle with reserved 1 Tbs honey and serve immediately.
A festive holiday winter dish that packs a fiery dose of nutrients. This antioxidant packed dish is high in vitamins A, C, potassium and is full of fiber. Honey acts as an anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and has been used as a remedy for cough. Cinnamon works to maintain stable blood sugar levels and has been shown to boost brain activity. Cayenne contains capsaicin- which works to clear respiratory blockage.
Preparation Time: 40minutes total.
Yields: 4, 1 generous cup servings (Nutrition Facts is for 1 full of above recipe)